Summer Development Camp at Fort Lewis College
The Texas League is hosting its' first ever summer camp at Fort Lewis College from July 27 - 5 August. Any NICA student-athlete with at least one season completed may attend. We will be leaving from Austin, TX on July 27 and arriving in Durango on July 28. Camp will begin on July 29 and end on August 3. We will arrive back in Austin, TX on August 5. Stay tuned for more details.....
2014 Race Season:
- Coaches Conference / Leaders' Summit: 12 - 13 Oct. 2013
- CycleFest Event: 9 & 10 Nov. 2013
- Reveille Peak Round Up, 8-9 Feb. 2014
- Rocky Hill Rampage, 22-23 Feb. 2014
- Race#3, 22-23 March 2014
- Race #4, 12-13 April 2014
- State Championships at Reveille Peak, 10-11 May 2014
Photo Credit: Door Mouse Editions, Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
2013 High School Mountain Bike Champions
The Texas League has an incredible 2013 season. We had 40% growth from 2012, with an average of 24 girls per race and 76 boys per race.
- State Champion Team: Lake Travis High School
- Varsity Girls Champion: Anna Mathis, Independent Rider, Lenora High School
- Junior Varsity Girls Champion: Summer Bewick, San Angelo High School
- Freshman / Sophomore Girls Champion: Hannah Heydiner, St. Stephen's High School
- Varsity Boys Champion: Jorge Munoz Jr. Independent Rider, John B. Alexander High School
- Junior Varsity Boys Champion: Eric Jeter, Lake Travis High School
- Freshman / Sophomore Boys Champion: Gil Johnson, Independent Rider, Liberal Arts and Science Academy